I'm going to try an experiment. Once a week, on Thursdays, I'm going to publish a list of links I found interesting. I read a wide variety of stuff, so it may not all be relevant to you. But some of it could be useful. So here you go. If you find this helpful, let me know and I'll keep it up.
Interesting Links for the Week
- JR Clancy's Scarry Rigging Photos
Even if you know nothing about rigging, there are pictures here that will make you afraid. Very afraid...
- What does 100 Million Dollars look like?
Obama plans to cut $100 million from the budget. Seems like a lot. But is it? This video helps you visualize that number. (Spoiler alert: it doesn't amount to jack squat...)
- Just how broke are we? | RedState
Fascinating look at just how in debt the US is. The budget and debt is scaled to the average US household budget. Scary stuff, this...
- YouTube - The Legend of Zelda (As an '80s teen movie)
If you've never seen Farris Buehler's Day Off, Breakfast Club, Say Anything or Sixteen Candles, this will probably not be funny.
- Recording: A Look At Current Studio Backup Solutions - Pro ...
Great article on backup strategies for media production.
- Cadac launches live sound console
No word on pricing, but this could be an interesting competitor in the 16 channel digital space.
- Final Cut Pro Quick Tip
Great screen cast on editing (or not...) in FCP. Watch all the way to the end, please!
- A Vision for Technical Arts | Anthony Coppedge Blog 2.0
Great thoughts on how to get projects that you know need to be done funded.
- YouTube - RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigms
This video is amazingly creative, and the speech is brilliant. Powerful on many levels. I've watched it twice now.
- Conan 2.0 - Fortune Tech
Conan reluctantly re-invents himself on the web. Fascinating story of how it happened. Consider implications for the Church...
- The Mac App Store: It's an honor thing | Software | MacUser | Macworld
This is how all software licenses should be. Again, Apple leads the way.